Thursday, March 01, 2007

HOW I INTEND TO USE CONSULTING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN NIGERIA

This article was written by Kamal

While growing up, I often heard that the” greatest problem in Nigeria and indeed all black Nations is that of leadership” and ever since I had resolved in my mind to choose a career path that will help in building the leadership capacity of my dear country. I discovered also that the opportunity to actualize my dreams can be found in consulting where you have the opportunity of being a leader’s leader.

I intend to make a difference in Nigeria via consulting by providing creative and innovative solutions for people and organisations, as they face unprecedented challenges, fierce intra-industry competition, overwhelming governmental policies and regulations, technological advancements, multicultural diversity in the workforce, customer expectations and retention, and micro and macro economic unpredictability; this I intend to do using a blend of coaching, workshops, Role Plays etc. By so doing I would have provided them with information and advice which leads to real and lasting solution of a problem.

I will constantly think, analyze, brainstorm, cajole and challenge good organizations to become even better by adopting new ideas. I also intend to tread the path of great consultants by being able to step into ambiguous, sometimes hostile situations and sense what changes need to be made, driven by ideas and a strong desire to have a positive impact on clients.

By doing all these I would have increased my bandwidth and shifted my paradigm, which would have made me a better person, I also believe that “Repetition is the mother of skills” as I do these repeatedly I become exceptionally good and skillful at my work.

No comments: