Monday, September 19, 2011

Increasing Your Sales by 500%


Marketing Products by offering it for Free to Potential Customers for Trail appears to be the new trend.

Last week Saturday I went shopping at a popular retail outlet on V-I; on my way out, I was given some sachets of Hypo detergents – for free. This gesture not only took me by surprise, it got me thinking about the “wisdom” in this marketing technique.

As if this was not enough; yesterday, I got another surprise during lunch hour when a team of Indomie Box Noodles came to my office on Awolowo road, they set up camp and started handing out cooked box of noodles to all staff in the high rise building – again, for free.

These are organizations that have spent a fortune on advertising campaign. Sometimes, desperate situations require desperate measures. It is one thing to see a product over and over again and yet another thing to test, taste, trade cash for the product.

If you test/taste/trade cash for a product, you get a chance to form an opinion and probably become addicted to it or know for sure that you don’t like or want the product. For the first, I eat Indomie box noodles and can confirm that it is as delicious as the traditional Indomie noodles. I have also been able to verify that Hypo is as effective as it claims.

Next time I feel like eating noodles, Indomie box noodles would easily come to mind; first that a company could act generous by giving out her items for free, second and most important, for the delicious taste I got from eating it. Same goes for Hypo detergents. Of a truth, I probably wouldn’t have bought either item, but making it free has given me a firsthand experience of the products. Now am telling you, then you will spread the news, I wouldn’t be surprised if you decide to buy either item also for trial – word of mouth marketing they call it!

What are the products, services, skills you have to offer? Can you volunteer them for free to select and relevant market?

Are you looking for job? Would you consider volunteering – for free? Don’t just wait for something to happen. Make it happen.

Happiness is not something that happens to us. Happiness is something you create. Hypo go wipe o

No comments: